My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
Experienced Azure DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Azure DevOps Engineer to join our team.
The DevOps Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining tools and systems used to deploy, operate, troubleshoot, and monitor software. Candidate must have experience with Azure cloud and modern continuous integration and delivery systems
This is a selection of your tasks and responsibilities:
- Designs, implements, and maintains continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation pipelines including build, deployment, and configuration management using Azure DevOps (formerly TFS).
- Designs and implements proactive monitoring to ensure health, performance, and security of all deployed applications.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code for Cloud, using Automation Tools like Terraform and Azure Resource Manager.
- Automates all steps required to deliver applications to production.
- Troubleshoot Applications and Infrastructure resources hosted in Azure.
- Manage and support customer and internal environments in Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Manage the full release process for different customers or internal environments.
- Support development teams in technical questions of continuous integration/continuous delivery, delivery organizations.
- Produces high quality systems documentation.
- Works in an agile development environment, collaborating with application development and IT teams.
- May be required to be on-call or provide weekend and after hours support for product deployments and issue resolution.
- Suggests improvements to applications and processes.
- Calculate the necessary size of environments (sandbox, production) and determine and provision the necessary hardware.
- Coaching and follow-up of colleagues from the DevOps team.
- At least 3 years of experience in architecture, infrastructure and/or Microsoft Azure
- At least 3 years of experience working with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- A non-stop drive to go out of own comfort zone, to investigate new technologies & to guarantee an end-to-end solution
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- A boad and in-depth knowledge of software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies.
- Experience with .NET Framework and C#
- Experience with CI/CD automation pipelines (e.g. Teamcity, Octopus Deploy, Azure DevOps).
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 & related Microsoft-technologies is a plus
- A strong communicator who can negotiate and build consensus on different levels (developers, business, project management)
- A multitasker with good time-management skills
- A coach and motivator who can show confidence and easily builds up trust
- The possibility to work with the latest technologies and stay up to date with the latest changes
- A team culture that is based on trust and where continuous growth is naturally encouraged
- Deep dive training by our MECOMS knowledge center
- Real career opportunities: do you want to become an expert or rather grow towards an international functional role, that’s up to you!
- An attractive salary package, including private health insurance
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics 365. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS is Microsoft’s recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software integrators, such as Avanade/Accenture, GMCS and CGI have partnered with us and offer MECOMS as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.
MECOMS is used by clients worldwide and located in Belgium (Antwerp), UK (Manchester), North Macedonia (Skopje) and Singapore. Close cooperation and knowledge building with a local partner in North Macedonia (Skopje) since 10 years provided MECOMS with a solid base to expand their activities in the Skopje office.