My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
Development Consultant Oracle
As a Development Consultant Oracle you will work with the latest technologies to build technical modifications, integrations and extensions to the MECOMS solution (in Oracle) that meet the needs of the customer.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with a variety of the latest oracle related software to build, test & release modifications, by using Oracle, Oracle Forms, PL/SQL packages and SQL queries, …
- Query tuning in Oracle by using hints
- Develop, test & release modifications & extensions, data migration & system integrations with a high quality (first time right)
- Understand the customer’s needs, the business requirements & necessary modifications & integrations
- Write technical design documents and make accurate estimations
- Combine your technical development tasks with more functional & analytical tasks
- Clear pending issues in an efficient way
- Execute code reviews and give constructive & clear feedback
- A university or bachelor’s degree in (applied) informatics, electronica/ICT, computer science or equivalent
- Very good knowledge of Dutch (native) & English
- Experience with the development of PL/SQL packages and SQL queries
- Experience in how to access an XML from the database (XMLTable/Xpath /Xquery…) and how to build new XMLs
- Knowledge of query tuning in Oracle by using hints and Oracle advanced queuing
- Knowledge of Oracle Forms Builder and Oracle Workflow development
- Basic knowledge of WebServices / SOAP is a plus
- Oracle APEX knowledge is also a plus
- A dynamic team player with great sense of responsibility and good communication skills
- Flexible and willing to travel for projects (within Belgium)
- An independent problem solver
- Goal-oriented, with an eye for quality
- Interested in both technical and analytical tasks
- The possibility to work with the latest technologies and stay up to date with the latest changes
- A team culture that is based on trust and where continuous growth is naturally encouraged
- Real career opportunities: do you want to become an expert or rather grow towards a functional role, that’s up to you!
- Deep dive training by our MECOMS knowledge center and support by a personal coach
- A very attractive salary package: company car, insurance, portable pc, iPhone, internet connection, ... that you can adapt to your needs (you can exchange part of your 13th month for a lease-bike, iPad, extra vacation, …)
MECOMS is part of Ferranti Computer Systems NV.
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics or Oracle. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.