My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
As a Technical Consultant you are responsible for fitting the technical requirements of the client into the delivered solution (product & processes).
Your main responsibilities:
- Understand the business requirements & necessary modifications & integrations
- Communicate in-depth with the client in order to understand the technical risks & needs & to clear out issues
- Guide the client in taking business decisions from a technical perspective (performance, scalability, reliability, security, etc.)
- Write technical design documents for complex customizations, data migration & system integrations a make accurate estimates
- Take the lead in specific technical project tracks such as migration, release management, interfaces, etc. in accordance to best practices
- Create and execute technical test scenario’s & scripts, supports the client during testing
- Lead and coach a specific team of developers and/or partners to ensure implementation of the necessary modifications
- Take initiative to develop improvements to methodologies, technology, etc.
- You have a master degree (e.g. in engineering, informatics, computer science) or equivalent work experience. Don’t hesitate to apply if you are a young graduate!
- You are a great problem solver who is passionate about technology
- You are a dynamic team player with excellent social & communication skills
- You like to multitask and keep strict deadlines
- You are fluent in Dutch (native) and English
- If you know the energy/utilities market or Microsoft Dynamics 365, that is a plus but don’t hesitate to apply when you are a starter
- You are flexible and like to travel within Belgium & The Netherlands. If you like to travel abroad, we can offer you international projects to work on
- Be part of a leading, innovative company where you keep on track with the latest technology
- A personal coach who will help you to build your career, to grow and continuously improve your personal & technical skills
- A dynamic team of colleagues who encourage initiative and entrepreneurship
- A team culture that is based on trust and where continuous growth is naturally encouraged
- Deep dive training by our MECOMS knowledge center and support by a personal coach
- A very attractive salary package: company car, insurance, portable pc, iPhone, internet connection, etc. that you can adapt to your needs (you can exchange part of your 13th month for a lease-bike, iPad, extra vacation, …)
MECOMS is part of Ferranti Computer Systems NV.
MECOMS is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics 365. MECOMS is the result of 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS is Microsoft’s recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software integrators, such as Avanade/Accenture, GMCS and CGI have partnered with Ferranti and offer MECOMS as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.