My name is Kim Lucas and I will be your contact person throughout the entire recruitment process @ Ferranti.
Since I joined Ferranti in 2012, the company has grown enormously and is delivering projects worldwide.
Why I like it here? Our open culture motivates me to bring out the best in myself and encourages initiative.
Once you enter our building and talk to the people you will know what I mean!
Ferranti is looking for experienced energy and utility professionals, to help build the international expansion of its MECOMS™ product.
MECOMS™ is an ERP solution for energy and utility companies, based on Microsoft Dynamics AX. MECOMS™ is the result of nearly 40 years of experience in the utility industry, and is rapidly expanding its footprint on an international scale.
MECOMS™ is Microsoft‘s only recommended solution for energy and utility companies across the globe. In only a few years MECOMS™ has grown into a major international challenger, recognized by renowned industry analysts, such as Gartner, IDC and OVUM. Major software companies, such as Avanade/Accenture, Tata, and CGI have chosen to partner with Ferranti and offer MECOMS™ as preferred solution for energy and utility companies.
The Technical Architect (TA) is responsible for the technical architectural choices and decisions in projects and proposals. This means that the TA will decide on and review the correct use of MECOMS™ functionality, frameworks and technologies used in the way to implement features in MECOMS™ projects on the requirements set by the customer. The TA is responsible for the infrastructure sizing and design, system performance and availability, custom development and interfaces, and release management. He reports hierarchically to the Chief Architect and operationally to the Project Manager of the project he is allocated to.
The TA will analyze and validate the integration, infrastructure, performance, migration and other non-functional requirements of the customer and check if those requirements are clear and if it is even possible to fulfill them with MECOMS™. The TA supports the Solution Architect and creates a technical architecture and estimation to implement the solution (technical and custom development).
The TA has an important role in identifying and following up risks related to the project and solution. He is consulted on Gaps found in the Fit/Gap workshops to assess the impact.
During the design phase, the TA is responsible for the infrastructure and technical designs (interfaces, customizations and data migration) created by the Development Consultants and Application Consultant. He needs to know all the MECOMS™ functionalities inside out.
The TA has a number of task not directly linked to a Professional Services project: The TA will also be part of the periodical Professional Services architectural meeting. In this meeting different architectural choices will be discussed with the other Technical and (functional) Solution Architects. He will also perform quality audits of projects for which he was not involved in the execution of the project. The SA is also well placed to provide feedback and input to our product organization.
The TA has, together with the Project Manager and Solution Architect, an important role in the pre-sales (diagnostic) to make sure that the proposed solution fulfills the customers’ requirements and can be implemented according the Ferranti quality standards.
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Technical Architect in successfully delivering multiple large-sized (2000+ mandays) ERP implementation projects characterized by systematic and milestone-driven work
- A university or bachelor’s degree in Applied Economic Sciences: business engineering; Computer Science; Economics or equivalent
- International experience and are used to communicate and work in English
- Good understanding of business processes; and you have strong technical skills
- Experience in the Energy & Utilities sector is a major asset
- Knowledge of a project management methodology such as Prince 2, PMI or PMBOK
- Good at building bridges between business and IT
- Fluent in Dutch (native) and English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus
- A dynamic team player with a sense of responsibility and excellent social skills
- A flexible person willing to travel a lot
- Goal-oriented and have an eye for quality
- A strong communicator, capable of presenting and communicating difficult messages in a distinct and clear way
- Robust and gain trust and respect from your peers. Others will soon notice that you work in a structured way and have good analytical / technical skills
- A workplace in Belgium, Antwerp
- Continuous improvement and staying up to date with the latest technology changes
- Real career opportunities in a challenging working environment
- Training by our Ferranti University and MECOMS™ University
- Support by a personal coach
- A very attractive salary package: company car, insurance, portable pc, smartphone, internet connection,…
- And this in a young and dynamic company atmosphere where there is room for initiative and where an open culture gives you the possibility to grow and continuously improve your personal skills.